Monday, November 15, 2010

What are Hair Cleansing Conditioners ?? Learn about it here !


Cleansing Creams.. What are they and what do they do ?

Hair cleansing conditioner have been around for awhile, Chaz Dean ( hair stylist to the star ) made this famous with his WEN cleansing system which he originally offered to his star clients. His line is now available to the public and if you have seen the infomercial then you are familiar with the concept. For those who have not here is a recap:

Wen® Cleansing Conditioner is a revolutionary new concept in hair care. A 5-in-1 formula, this one product takes the place of your shampoo, conditioner, deep conditioner, detangler and leave-in conditioner. It cleanses hair thoroughly but without lathering and all the harsh ingredients that may be found in ordinary shampoos—it is designed so it won't strip your hair and scalp of their natural oils. Your hair is left with sheen, moisture, manageability and better color retention.

This is how you use it:
1. Rinse hair thoroughly and completely for 1-2 minutes.
2. Dispense the proper amount of Cleansing Conditioner into your hands and rub together
3. Work product into the hair, starting at the crown and working towards the ends, massaging vigorously. Apply a splash of water to help distribute the product evenly.
4. Really work the Cleansing Conditioner into your hair by pushing it into the hair shaft with your fingers. Remember it won't lather, but it should feel thick, rich and creamy.
5. Leave in for a minimum of 3-5 minutes then rinse thoroughly and completely. Your Cleansing Conditioner should be the first thing on and the last thing you rinse off in your shower routine. Remember the more you use and the longer you leave it on, the better the results.
6. Once you are out of the shower put a small amount on your hair as a leave-in.

I know it sounds complicated but I promise the results are amazing.

When it comes to all new products I am the biggest skeptic. But the concept sounds good so I got it. After the first use I can tell this was something different, my hair was bouncy and my scalp felt clean as if I would of washed it with shampoo. Come to find out we don't NEED shampoo to cleanse our scalp and these cleansing creams work just as well if not better. ( not to mention that any opportunity to stop using chemicals on my skin is always a good thing )
The biggest thing I needed to get over was the fact that this does not lather, but after a few uses I got used to it. Also it does take an extra step or two than my previews routine, BUT the results I got were amazing do it really didn't matter if I had to wait an extra minute before I rinsed.
My hair is in the best condition ever and I have cleansing conditioners to thank for that.

Is there a downside.. yes there is.. the WEN system is EXPENSIVE ! $ 30.00 per month !! BUT I have good news !! Sally Beauty Supply carries a product called HAIRONE that is as good or better than WEN.
Each bottle is about 10 dollars and they will last about 2 months ( for someone with shoulder length hair ) If you don't wash your hair everyday it can last you longer..

AHHHH and there's more.. If you color your hair.. this will help you retain your color like nothing else ! My color now last 6-8 weeks LONGER compared to when I was using a regular color care shampoo.

Here are the links to both the WEN and HairOne.. Hope you try it !

http://www.sallybeauty.com/cleansing-conditioner/SBS-737104,default,pd.h...

http://www.wenhaircare.com/

If you already use this product or have tried it.. let me know what you think!!

Until next time- K

No comments:

Post a Comment