Monday, November 15, 2010

Need a primer ? Try Aveeno Baby Daily Baby Lotion !




I came across this tip through youtube guru shellsxfabxfinds.

She tells the story of how this product contains the same ingredient found in some of our beloved face primers. ( Active Ingredients: Dimethicone 2% ) Well since I am always looking for a good dupe I ran to the store and compared it to a very known primer dupe Monistat Anti-Chaffing lotion and it was true.. they had the same active ingredients ! Not to mention that since Aveeno Baby is for infants it's hypoallergenic and fragrance free, won't clog pores ( and that's when I was sold ) Not to mention the price .. with Aveeno you get 8oz for under 6 dollars in comparison to Monistat 1.5 oz for the same price.

The next day I tried it and it worked ! My face felt moisturized , makeup lasted all day. This is now my daily go to primer. I use mineral makeup and I find that I get good results when I give the primer a few minutes to soak in. I have uber sensitive skin and I have never had a reaction from this product. Is this my HG primer ?..
I would lie if I said it was. My HG primer is CoverFX anti-aging primer but it's $35.00 per ounce, so I only use that on special occasions when I need the extra umph. But for work this is what I use and I could not be happier .

Hope you give it a try and let me know how you like it. For what it's worth if you don't like it as a primer.. it does make for a fantastic body lotion ;-)

Update 09/17/2010: I forgot to mention a good tip when using this product as a primer. Before you apply to your face warm it up. I am a girl who likes to get things done fast, so what I do is get a very small amount ( the size of a pea ) on my palm, then rub my palms together for a sec or two.. THEN I put it on my face and rub it in a bit. In my experience this gives the right amount of product for it to do it's job. Hope this helps !!

No comments:

Post a Comment